BJAS NATIONAL PRESIDENT CLARIFIES DOUBTS ON MINORITY AS APPLICABLE TO STUDENTS
On 23.03.2014 BJAS National President Sh. Yateendra Sawale Jain delivered Lecture on subject, “What is Minority, It’s benefits for students & how to avail it” at Shantisagar Hall, Borivali (West) Mumbai.
1. What is Minority – There are two types of minority’s as per UNESCO’s Norms & Directives of Indian Constitution, (1) Religious, (2) Linguistic , those who are less in Population, whose % is less are minors.
2. Why Religious Minority Status – It’s Identity of independency of our religion. To save our Religion & Religious Culture through various ways , Govt. provided us security u/s of 25 to 30 of the constitution.
3. Minority Status is Reservation – No it’s not reservation, it’s preservation. Preservation of Religion & Religious Culture.
4. Levels of Minority – State Level & National Level.
5. Govt. of Maharashtra already provided Minority Status to Jain Religion as on 9th Oct. 2006.
6. What are benefits for Students – Government of Maharashtra is having several schemes for Minor Community’s including Jain.
1) Rs. 200/- p.a. providing to primary students from 1 to 4th class.
2) Rs. 2/- per day & max. Rs. 440/- provided to class 1st to 7th students.
3) Rs. 5000/- p.a. scholarship for students doing Graduation after 12 th.
4) Rs. 25000/- p.a. Scholarship for students doing Technical & Medical Graduation after 12 th.
5) Up to Rs. 2 Lakh as ex-gratia grant to those schools having more than 70% Minor Community Students for Up gradation of schools infrastructure.
6) Grant of Rs. 3 crore for opening minor community’s Polytechnic for Minor community students only
7) Grant of Rs. 3 crore for opening minor community’s ITI for Minor community students only
8) Grant for opening of Hostel for Minor community students only
7. What are benefits for Students – Provided by Central Government
1) Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme : Class I to V : Rs. 1000/- p.a. Class VI to X : Rs. 4000/- p.a. & if Hosteller + Rs. 6000/- p.a.
2) Post-matric Scholarship Scheme :Class XI to XII : Rs. 7000/- p.a. + Rs.1400/- Maintenance Allowance = Rs. 8400/-Class XI to XII ( Tech. & Vocational ) : Rs. 10000/- p.a. + Rs.1400/- Maint. Allow.=Rs.11400/-UG & Graduate ( Non Tech & Professional ) Rs. 3000/- + 1850/- Maint. Allow = Rs. 4850/-M.Phil & Phd. Rs. 3000/- + 3300/- Maint. Allow = Rs. 6300/-If staying in Hostel + some amt.
3) Merit-cum-means Scholarship Scheme :For Technical & Professional Courses ( Like BE/BTech/Medical/ Pharmacy/Management etc.)Limited Scholarships as No. of Scholarships already given.Rs. 25000/- & Rs. 30,000/- for Hostellers.Full Course fees Reimbursed for some notified 86 colleges. Thru out the nation.
4) Nayee Roshni : Leadership Development of Minority Women.
5) Learn & Earn : Scheme for Skill Development of Minority
6) Padho Pardesh : Students those who wish to do their PG from Foreign, they get help from Govt.
a) Loan facility for upcountry Education.
b) Course Duration + 6months / 1 years Loan Interest will be paid by Govt.
c) Refund of Loan by Student after getting Job.
d) For this Scheme please contact any Nationalised Bank.
Where to search for Minority Benefits – State Minority Commission : www.mddmaharashtra.gov.in, www.maharashtra.gov.in,www.escholarship.maharashtra.gov.in, and www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
For further information Contact : Yateendra Sawale, Jain National President Bhartiy Jain Alpsankhyank Samaj. Cell : +91 9820862384, E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, www.facebook.com/bhartiyjainalpsankhyanksamaj
Courtesy: Ahimsa Times